Quiz

Marks, accuracy and CBM

argm
Re: CBM files for Moodle 2.5.2, 2.4.6, 2.3.9
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

In Moodle 2.5.2 and 2.4.6 (just released) there are minor changes in 3 of the core files that need to be replaced for proper CBM functionality. The required patch files for these versions are  now available at  http://tmedwin.net/cbm/moodle/ . The patches for 2.3.8 are still valid for 2.3.9 since there are no changes in the relevant files. Let me know of any problems using these patches. TGM

Average of ratings: -
Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

OK, so I finally made some time to work on MDL-32188, in the hope of getting it done for Moodle 2.6 (which means that it needs to be done this week.)

I just made a long comment there. If you are interested in this, any help you can give witht the outstanding issues would be apprectiated.

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

I am making progress. I think the code on MDL-32188 is basically done, and I plan to test it a bit more tomrrow, and then submit it for integration this week, so that it goes in to Moodle 2.6.

Note that this is a major change to how CBM questions work, but I hope that is an major postive change. (Thanks mainly to Tony for pushing me to do this.)

The real difference is that now when you add a CBM question to a quiz with max mark 1, then the grade for a low certainty response will be between 0 and 1, and the grade for a high certainty response will be between -6 and 3.

If you have exiting attempts at a CBM quiz, then they will not change until you regrade them. However, once you regrade them, the marks will change. Simiarly all quiz attempts done after you upgrade to 2.6 will behave in the new way. You have been warned. Assuming this gets into Moodle 2.6, we must remember to add a bit warning about that to the release notes.