Manual grade scores only display after a browser refresh

Manual grade scores only display after a browser refresh

by Mary Beth McKee -
Number of replies: 4

A faculty member is grading manual questions within a quiz. She clicks on a question, enters the grade, and then clicks save. Changes saved screen pops up, but the saved changes do not appear on the results screen. The saved changes only appear after the browser is refreshed. This is problematic because she does not want to refresh after each question to make sure the changes were saved. Some courses, like this one, have over 100 students.

Any suggestions of Admin settings to adjust?

We are using Moodle 2.3.3+ (Build: 20121230)

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Mary Beth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Beth McKee

Re: Manual grade scores only display after a browser refresh

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If the teacher has a lot of grading to do, look in the navigation block for Results -> Manual grading. Doing it that way will be a lot faster.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mary Beth McKee -

Hi Tim,

I agree the Results > Manual Grading approach is faster, but a number of our users find the Navigation block difficult to use.  Depending on the course, the Results link can become quite buried in the layers.

Attachment manual.png

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In Moodle 2.5, that link will move into the settings block, along with all other reports links.

by Paula Clough -

MB,

Have they had a little chance to work with this?  I would think that they would jump at the chance to be able to grade all the student answers to one question before going to the next one.  I find it the easiest way to grade manual questions. I'm would be willing to look a little harder to get to this feature.

Paula cool