New activity: Simple Certificate

Re: New activity: Simple Certificate

by Gustavo Amarilla -
Number of replies: 8

Hi everyone,

Someone know how to do this: I have a "course custom fields" (created in the administrative environment)... and I named the field "hours" (related to the amount of hours of the course) and I put a reference to that field in the certificate like {HOURS}... someone did something similar ?

Regards, and sorry the terrible english.
P.S: I created a "user profile field" and I reference to that field in the certificate as {PROFILE_FIELD_NAME} and that it works, but I don't need a "user profile field"... I need a new field in the course definition.

--------
Gustavo
--------

In reply to Gustavo Amarilla

by Daniel Méthot -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hello !
Big user of your simple certificate, I get "invalid certificate code" what can be the reason please?
Thank you in advance.
Daniel
In reply to Daniel Méthot

by Daniele Frusone -

me too sad sad sad

and when i select Completition date con certificate, the date printed is the print date sad sad 

is this your case too?

In reply to Daniele Frusone

by Gustavo Amarilla -
Hi,

What variable did you use ?, cause I think the "date" variable print the date when you generate the certificate.

Regards,

by Daniele Frusone -
Hallo, thx for your answer. Yes, i used DATA.

Which one should i use?

Regards
In reply to Daniele Frusone

by Gustavo Amarilla -
Hi,

As I read, I found some reference to others variables that I can not use, like "hours" (total amount of course hours). Related to "date variable", I tried some names like "startdate" or "startcourse" but didn't work. I guess you must make some changes in the php file to print the date you want.

Regards

by Daniel Méthot -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Attention...
Over time it is possible that the format of some variables may have changed and need to be adapted to the latest versions of Moodle.
You may need to correct this in your personal text that overlays the background image of the certificate?
A random example:
CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCE
Issued at : {FIRSTNAME} {LASTNAME}
As a proof of success in mastering the skills required for the role of auditor in a Moodle course.
Relevant training: C1: Moodle user
{TEACHERS}
Document executed on {DATE} for all due intents and purposes.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

by Daniele Frusone -
Thanks a lot for your reply.

I inserted the strings you gaved to me, but it saves only with the string name, and not resolves the name (see attachments)
Attachment Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 09.26.32.png
Attachment Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 09.28.19.png

by Gustavo Amarilla -
Hi,

If you want to validate your certificate, you must loggin in your moodle site... or you need to make a little code change in the "validate.php" script.

Regards,