General developer forum

Picture of Pete Currington
How do I code a signup form a customised Moodle login page

Hi,

I am trying to make my login page look similar to Facebook with the login fields in the upper right(in the menu bar) and the signup fields on this page as well.  The I have created a separate login.php page and have made separate styles for this page.  I am not sure how to get the code for the login fields and how to place it up in the upper right hand corner.

http://www.liberationtraining.com

Also, how do I get the signup form on the login page?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
It's only an avatar...
Re: Move Login and Logout Link on Menu to the right and end
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hi,

You need to read this document...

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Email-based_self-registration

HTH

Mary

Picture of Pete Currington

ok, so I got the username/password login into the upper right corner, but I still don't see how to get the actual signup form onto the login page.  I don't want just a link to a separate page, I want them to signup right on the page, exactly how facebook does it.

The signup form code seems like it's not really flexible to be moved around. Any ideas?

It's only an avatar...
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

The only way you can do this is to find out which php loads the signup form. A clue is in the url for that actual page. So if you make a note of that file name, then find it in the moodle/login directory, you could try copying the code into your login.php file.

You would be better off asking for help in the General Developer forum.

The themes forum is for help with fixing problems with themes. Your question is really beyond this, but more a programing question.

HTH

Mary