Installing and upgrading help

File Picker not loading, Moodle 2.4 (Tried Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer)

Picture of Flemming Bornemann
File Picker not loading, Moodle 2.4 (Tried Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer)

I have a brand new installation of Moodle 2.4. It looks good, but unfortunately I can't upload files to it.

The file picker never loads, the wheel just keep spinning. I tried Safari and Firefox on Mac and Internet Explorer and firefox om Windows 7.

If I create a folder and then uploads the files to the folder the file picker loads fine and I can upload the files.

Any suggestions?

Regards 

Bornemann

Average of ratings: -
moi!!! it is what is is...
Re: File Picker not loading, Moodle 2.4 (Tried Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Check your server error logs, my guess would be there is a permissions error which could result in this kind of issue.

Alternatively, there may be a transcription error during the unzip and installation process. You may be able to find the required files in your folder tree and delete them, replacing them with new ones you have downloaded and installed on your test Moodle.

Picture of Diego Diego
Re: File Picker not loading, Moodle 2.4 (Tried Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer)

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. I have changed permissions to 777 on the directory and I'm still having the issue.

I have tested Firefox, IE, Chrome and even Opera.

I hope someone has the solution to this.

Picture of John R

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=215932#p959984

We had the same issue and there is a setting on the web server that defines the max character length for variables.  Ours was set to short.  Once this was fixed it worked fine.  Sorry I don't know where on the webserver and what setting it is since I don't admin the web server.  Good Luck.

Edit:  It turns out it is in the settings for the suhosin module for php

Picture of John R

Here is another post that may help with your issue:  https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=210044