Cannot Add Questionaire types

Cannot Add Questionaire types

by David Nash -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

Still with Moodle 1.9.3+

I'm not sure why this is happening now as it worked up to last week.

I create a new Questionnaire and when I go to add a question, I fill out the information and when I click on the Save button, no question is saved.

This applies to any of the question types.

Is there something happening here?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Nash

Re: Cannot Add Questionaire types

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello David,

Since things worked OK "up to last week" and no longer work, it's really up to you to try and find out what has changed on your moodle site since then.

Also, try to switch your site to debug mode and see if any error messages are displayed.

Joseph

PS.- That'a a really old version of Moodle you are using. Questionnaire is no longer maintained on Moodle 1.9.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Cannot Add Questionaire types

by David Nash -

Hi,

thats the thing, I have checked. I run the Databases here also, and they cannot change as we use the systems to manage Call Centre boards etc.

Thats why I am still using 1.9.3+ because moodle 2 requires a different version of PHP which, when I tested in a sandbox environment caused havoc to the other systems as PHP is not as backward compatible as it makes out.

Nothing has changed, thats the puzzle.

I usually only ask a question when I have exhausted all other avenues.

I have 2 other people who are full admins and they are experiencing the same.

They can create a questionnaire, add a few question types, then it stops. The system lets you create the question type, when you click on save, it closes out as normal, but the question is not added to the questionnare.

I leave it for an hour, come back and I can add another question, then I try another one and it happens again.

I 'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I considered running a cron, but whenever I run the cron job I get 200 emails from people asking why they are getting emails about courses they attended months ago, so I tend to stay away from it.

cheers