autologin guest not working, moodle 2.4

autologin guest not working, moodle 2.4

by Mika Seppala -
Number of replies: 1

Moodle 2.4 (Build: 20121203).

I would like to have the system to autologin users as guests to courses allowing guest access. This does not work for the moment.

In user policies

Role for visitorsnotloggedinroleid

is set to Guest.

Regardless of this, clicking a link to a course allowing guest access, takes the user to the login page requiring the user to login with a proper account or with a guest account.

in my moodle 1.9 installation this problem does not appear.

This relates to https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-23833, which reports that this bug has been fixed. But I still have it in moodle 2.4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Mika Seppälä

myweps.com

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mika Seppala

Re: autologin guest not working, moodle 2.4

by Stephanie Gerald -

Hello, I had this same issue with 2.4, and found that the documentation is slightly misleading. 

In addition to enabling the guest access enrolment plugin and the checking the autologin setting, make sure you also have the guest access button set to Show in order for this to work. The documentation indicates you can either set it to Show or Hide, but if you select Hide, then access to the course will not work, I found.

After enabling the admin settings, of course, be sure your course has the guest enrolment plugin enabled, the self-enrollment plugin enabled and the Guest access setting in the course settings are set to Yes. 

Hopefully this helps you find a solution!