Feedback from 1.9 to 2.4

Feedback from 1.9 to 2.4

by Martin O'Mahony -
Number of replies: 4

When I restore a Moodle 1.9 course to a new Moodle 2.4 installation, it seem like all of the feedback items vanish. surprise Is there any way to preserve those?

Best,
Martin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin O'Mahony

Re: Feedback from 1.9 to 2.4

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi Martin,

please check that the feedback activity is activated (Site administration / Plugins / Activity modules / Manage activities).

Best regards
Andreas

In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Martin O'Mahony -

Dear Andreas,

That was it! Problem solved. Thanks a million for the quick help!

Best,
Martin

In reply to Martin O'Mahony

by Oliver Stearn -

Hi Guys, Ive also just upgraded from 1.9 and Ive got quite a few feedback activities across the courses. I was just wondering whether you were still encouraging tutors to use the feedback tool or whether there was an alternative in 2.x (were using 2.4) which would be best practise. I assumed there would be an alternative since it is disabled by default :p

In reply to Oliver Stearn

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Oliver,

At the moment, the only other alternative to Feedback is Questionnaire.

For Moodle 2.5 a new survey module is planned. See this discussion.

So, if you have a number of existing Feedback instances in your moodle courses, I would advise you to stick with Feedback for the time being.

Joseph