General developer forum

Picture of Shawn Campbell
Site-wide access to javascripts

I had originally posted this in the general forum to see if anyone could help, and there has been no response, so hopefully I will get a solution in this forum.

First off, I apologize if this post is in the wrong category. Please move to the appropriate category if need be.

Secondly, I have dabbled with Moodle on and off over the past 5 years and am now looking to do a little more serious building of some public access to course content (which includes classes that others have graciously already created and shared, so THANK YOU!!).

So now the question. I have a couple of javascripts that I currently want to use for a specific class, but can see it being used for others as well. The problem is this, I do not know where to upload these scripts that they would be able to be called from either a specific class or sitewide as well as the proper html code that needs to be used within Moodle. Any clarification and help on the matter is greatly appreciated!!

tia...

Shawn

Average of ratings: -
Brian
Re: Site-wide access to javascripts
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Shawn

Did you consider adding the javascript load to a theme?  Some themes such as Binarius have placeholders for doing this, but even if your theme does not you can add in the same place.

Picture of Shawn Campbell
Re: Site-wide access to javascripts

Brian;

Thank you for your reply. No, I have not considered this and do not know how. Could you please supply a link to any Moodle documentation or and example of the placeholder code.

Thanks again...

Shawn