Installation help

Mini Edit Icons No-longer appearing Moodle v.2.4.1

Picture of Francois Evans
Mini Edit Icons No-longer appearing Moodle v.2.4.1

Have updated from Moodle 2.3 to 2.4.1.

Changed to 'Standard' theme as old theme was no-longer working sad

With Standard theme now, instead of mini icons next to each resource or activity on a course page when I've clicked 'Turn editing on', I see text instead, replacing every mini icon. It turns the page into a jungle of text which is almost impossible to navigate viz:

Jungle of Text

Have mini icons been removed from Moodle 2.4? Surely this can't be right. I have cleared theme caches. If anyone coul advise, I'd be very grateful.

Average of ratings: -
It's only an avatar...
Re: Mini Edit Icons No-longer appearing Moodle v.2.4.1
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

No but the have been changed. It may be your server does not work the way Moodle has changed things. Try changing the Use slash arguments settings in ...

Settings > Site Administration > Server > HTTP

Use slash arguments:

You will need to change this setting only if you are having trouble viewing files or images. Most of the time, Moodle will display files and pictures with no problem using the slash arguments. If you get errors when you try to view pictures or files from within Moodle, your PHP server doesn't allow the slash argument method and you will need to disable this setting.

Hope this helps?

Mary

Average of ratings:Useful (1)

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your advice. 'Use slash arguments' was ticked to 'on' in our Moodle. Changing the setting and refreshing the page had no effect.

Images are appearing to identify resource file-types, but not to identify edit commands per item when editing is on.

Still stuck on what to do here. mixed

It's only an avatar...
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

I have just moved this discussion into the Installation help forum, and hope that someone can help you.

Picture of Ken Task
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Might want to view https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/moodle/changing-appearance-moodle/purge-clear-cache

Moodle 2.3 and 2.4 has more cacheing than before.

Also clear browser cache ... and any cache you can find! ;)

If that fails to clear it up, might have to turn on debugging to see what we can see! :|

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Sussed it!

- Turned out to be the browser. I was using Camino (which is now quite an old browser). Once I switched to Firefox, all looks gorgeous.

Thank you for the tips.