Some new HTML for Glossary

Some new HTML for Glossary

by David Scotson -
Number of replies: 2
Hi all,

I've been doing some theming work and I've been having a lot of trouble with Glossary, since it's HTML is quite old-fashioned.

I've tried working around it with some very complicated CSS, but it seems it would be easier for me to just rewrite the HTML that the module outputs and get that fed back upstream to core Moodle.

Is anyone else interested (or horrified) by this? I'll probably end up doing it anyway for our own institution, but if anyone else has any specific needs or desires or can help get it pushed back into core then I'd be happy to work with others.

I could probably knock out a few more templates at the same time if that's of any use.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Scotson

Re: Some new HTML for Glossary

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi David,

Actually, there are quite a few "old-fashioned" things that ought to be updated in the Glossary, not just the CSS output.sad

If you develop some new HTML output for Glossary and put in on your Github somewhere I'll be glad to help with the tests.

Joseph

In reply to David Scotson

Re: Some new HTML for Glossary

by Mike Jaroch -

Heck I'd willing pay someone to make the glossary entries go to a pop-up with the header,footer, bread crumbs, scrollable and resizable. Of course my wife would beat me for spending much right now but it may be worth the beating.