Moodlerooms Proposed Comments User Interface Updates

Re: Moodlerooms Proposed Comments User Interface Updates

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I think it might be better to simply use an "attachment" filearea (similar to forums here, but more compact) rather than embedded links in the HTML and buttons in editors.  This is actually what Facebook, G+ etc do.

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

As an example see the mp3 file attached to this forum post, rendered by forum as a player.

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Jason Hardin -

Agreed. I will update the specification, hopefully by the end of the day with a redesign based on the use of the file attachment for media and the removal of the HTML Editor.

I will also remove the comments tool bar setting in tinymce and the activation of the HTML editor in the commenting settings. I will leave file attachments as a setting for comments and the upload limit as well.