session_regenerate_id(), cannot send session cookie

session_regenerate_id(), cannot send session cookie

by Virgil Ashruf -
Number of replies: 3

I have three instances of Moodle running the exact same codebase together with a third party plugin. This plugin resides in /auth/ and delivers a method of authentication from an external website.

When I activate this plugin no user can login. Upon filling in the login information on /login/index.php the user is returned to the homepage. When debugging is on I get the following messages (picture):

Yes, the dreaded "headers already sent". I hope the filter works and sends you to the wiki. There are 22 config.php files in the installation. Some are in a subdir of the /theme/ folder and ofcourse the main one in the moodleroot. None of these files have trailing spaces or newlines. I checked this with vim to be sure. The last character of the file is always an ">"

When I disable the plugin logging in and out works normally but the error messages that are given do not display anything related to the plugin. What is a direction I can look for some troubleshooting?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Virgil Ashruf

Re: session_regenerate_id(), cannot send session cookie

by Ravi Alamuri -

Hello mate,

What version of Moodle are you using? From what I remember (and I might be wrong here ) but you are not supposed to have a closing PHP tag at the end of the config files anymore. Are you having the issue on all three instances of Moodle or just the one?

Regards

Ravi

In reply to Ravi Alamuri

by Virgil Ashruf -

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for your reply there! I had forgotten I had posted this topic. These environments are 1.9.17 currently. But the problem had nothing to do with this. The plugin required something very silly and different than the way I was looking in. PHP was 5.1.6 and needed updating to 5.2 (but not 5.3) according to the developer. After I had updated all dependencies and then php 5.2, everything worked smoothly.

In reply to Virgil Ashruf

by Ravi Alamuri -

Hello mate,

I am glad you got it sorted.

Regards

Ravi