General add-ons

Picture of Peter Roberts
Re: Turnitin Moodle Direct version 2
Group Testers

Hi Paul (or anyone who may have done this)

Am I right in thinking that if we upgrade to Moodle 2.4 or 2.5, we can still use the old Moodle basic integration as it will be there in the legacy 2.2 assignment types? We'd like to stick with it for another year until we can try out your various new offerings.

Kind regards

Pete Roberts
Goldsmiths, University of London

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Paul Dawson

Hi Pete,

You are correct, Moodle Basic will continue to work with legacy 2.2 assignment types. You can, if you haven't already enable this in 2.4 and 2.5. We are continuing support for the Basic activity type until summer 2014 at the least, we are not planning to add any functional / feature changes to that version however.

You can configure and use both Moodle Direct and Moodle Basic at the same time. Moodle Direct v2 is a direct upgrade from Moodle Direct v1 so you couldn't use both v1 and v2 in parallel, but given your message I think your plan to continue to use Basic for the next year will be fine. You could use that time to evaluate Moodle Direct v2.

Cheers
Paul

Picture of Peter Roberts
Group Testers

Hi Paul

Firstly, somewhat belated thanks for the info on Turnitin Basic. Very useful.

Is there any news on the V2 Direct plugin? I recall somewhere seeing it was expected in the 3rd quarter of this year. The lack of rubric in the existing Direct plugin is a bit of a showstopper for us. 

Pete Roberts
Goldsmiths