glossary text highlighting

glossary text highlighting

de John Peacock -
Número de respuestas: 8

Moodle 2.3

Hi,

I would like to remove the default background highlighting for global glossary autolinked words. I still want to keep the hover over and click functionality I just want to remove the background colouring for autolinked words. Users are finding it visually disruptive. I did find a thread relating to this back in 2009 with a solution posted by Joseph Rézeau (hope you can help me this time Joseph) pointing to removal of the CSS rule code below.

This example is taken from the standard theme.
a.autolink:link,
a.autolink:visited {
color:#000000;
/* background: #DDDDDD;*/
}

I'm also using the Standard Theme and tracked the code down to the core.css file however I can only find a line autolink not autolink:visited. I still tried removing the offending ' background: #DDDDDD;' code snippet but it has no effect.

Any help much appreciated.
John

Promedio de valoraciones: -
En respuesta a John Peacock

Re: glossary text highlighting

de Joseph Rézeau -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Testers Imagen de Translators

Hi John,

To remove the default "gray" background coloring (and retain the standard blue color for links and red when hovered) all you have to do is to remove this CSS rule from theme/standard/style/core.css:

a.autolink {color:#000000;background: #DDDDDD;}

(that's line 9, right at the beginning of the CSS file, in Moodle 2.4)

Joseph

Adjunto 05-02-2013 18-21-56.png
En respuesta a Joseph Rézeau

de John Peacock -

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Tried it out. I removed line 9 in ..\moodle\theme\standard\style\core.css as below

/* a.autolink {color:#000000;background: #DDDDDD;} */

However it made no difference. I restarted the Apache server and even tried removing line 8 (a {text-decoration ....) and line 10 (a:hover.....) but neither the text colout or hover functionality changed.

I can't find any similar code in the standard folder so I'm scratching my head a bit. As further information, I'm running Topcoll course format (again I can't find any similar code lines in that plugin folder) and the target text sits in a lesson activity.

Again any help much appreciated.

John

En respuesta a John Peacock

de Joseph Rézeau -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Testers Imagen de Translators

John,

Did you remember to empty all your caches so that the changes can take effect?

Home ► Site administration ► Development  ► Purge all caches

Joseph

de Susan Oguchi -

I'm new to the world of moodle and am also trying to lose the grey highlight.  I can't find where to remove the css rules.  Is that because I'm using a standard theme?  Any help would be appreciated.

En respuesta a Susan Oguchi

de Joseph Rézeau -

Susan,

Which version of Moodle are you using? and which theme?

de Susan Oguchi -

Version 2.6.2 and Astral is the theme.