I live in Randburg and have recently installed moodle. I need help with geting to know moodle especially with settings and creating my courses.
I train yoga teachers and specialize in the deeper aspects of yoga and yogic philosophy. Recently I had Moodle installed into my Joomla web site. I have a very busy teaching schedule and can see that setting up my courses in Moodle requires some time and a little guidance. I have managed to learn how to load docs and create some simple quiz tests and recently began to create a lesson. I really need some help however and if you are willing to advise me I would really be very happy to meet with you.
Vision: I trained for 8years in India between 1978 and 86 and have remained a sanyassin and disciple of my guru Paramahamsa Satyananda serving him and his mission of yoga. My small role and personal vision is twofold.
1. Train teachers in any country of Africa and especially those who can take yoga into their local communities.
2. Establish an authentic ashram environment in South Africa for developing the spiritual potential of sincere students.
Concept: I have an intensive teachers training course that I have designed so that students can train in four levels of accomplishment and a large portion of the training can be completed online once we are able to transfer the course into Moodle. The course is in 3 parts.
1. Yogic Studies: online study of theory and philosophy to prepare students for training modules.
2. Anatomy & Physiology: online study to prepare students for training modules.
3. Teacher Training Modules: includes online study of four modules. Each module also has an intensive workshop component that can only be attended once the online study is complete for that module.
Conclusion: I need help with settings and html aspects of Moodle. Also some guidance in creating the lessons and taking full advantage of the quiz options. I have reasonable computer skills and can absorb very quickly once shown how it all works. If your willing to meet with me to discuss please reply at your earliest convenience.