Testing and QA

Mary Cooch
Re: Moodle grouping course assignment
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Ok first:

* try in the course settings to "force group mode"

* Are you looking at this as an administrator or as a teacher? (This is just to ensure that the teacher isn't perhaps allowed to see all groups)

* So when you click the dropdown Grouping "none" it doesn't give you any grouping names?

*What happens when you tick "available for group members only"?

* If you are the administrator, are you able to give me a log in to the course/site so I can take a quick look for you? It is sometimes easier than trying to explain here.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Kharisma Borneo

i try all of your suggestion but nothing change..

by the way i just started with localhost so i can't share my administrator site...is this the problem from moodle version 2.4?

Now i found another problem...

i looking this as teacher..

yes it doesn't give any grouping name..

when i tick "available for group members only" all student can see the assignment even they are in the different grouping

C'est moi :-)
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hi,

Have you read groupings documentation ?

After ticking "available for group members only", you should be able to select a grouping (to restrict to). Then, when looking at all groupings in the course, you should see 1 in the activity column for this grouping.

If it's not the case, you've perhaps discovered a bug...

Ben talking on the phone beside a monitor
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

You need to login as a student to see what is really happening. Teachers by default have the ability to view all groups and to manage them.

Create a fake student. Log in as that student. Then you will see the effect of groupings.