Moodle grouping course assignment

Moodle grouping course assignment

by Kharisma Borneo -
Number of replies: 6

Hey there, i just started using moodle 2.4

i have some problem with grouping..here we go,,

first i log in as administrator,, i made some group like first picture then i put them on different grouping like second picture.

Now i go to setting->site administration->course->course setting and set grouping like third picture. Now i enrol all my student and one teacher to my course. Now i log in as teacher,, i wanna make some assignment and i want hide this assignment from one group and show them to another. But on my common module setting as teacher on assignment setting when click on grouping there are no choice just "NONE"...and u can see the result on fourth picture.

Grouping said "NONE" ,,can u help me please...

Attachment Capture.JPG
Attachment Capture2.JPG
Attachment Capture3.JPG
Attachment Capture4.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kharisma Borneo

Re: Moodle grouping course assignment

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ok first:

* try in the course settings to "force group mode"

* Are you looking at this as an administrator or as a teacher? (This is just to ensure that the teacher isn't perhaps allowed to see all groups)

* So when you click the dropdown Grouping "none" it doesn't give you any grouping names?

*What happens when you tick "available for group members only"?

* If you are the administrator, are you able to give me a log in to the course/site so I can take a quick look for you? It is sometimes easier than trying to explain here.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Kharisma Borneo -

i try all of your suggestion but nothing change..

by the way i just started with localhost so i can't share my administrator site...is this the problem from moodle version 2.4?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Kharisma Borneo -

i looking this as teacher..

yes it doesn't give any grouping name..

when i tick "available for group members only" all student can see the assignment even they are in the different grouping

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Have you read groupings documentation ?

After ticking "available for group members only", you should be able to select a grouping (to restrict to). Then, when looking at all groupings in the course, you should see 1 in the activity column for this grouping.

If it's not the case, you've perhaps discovered a bug...

by ben reynolds -

You need to login as a student to see what is really happening. Teachers by default have the ability to view all groups and to manage them.

Create a fake student. Log in as that student. Then you will see the effect of groupings.