Installation error: unknown database

Installation error: unknown database

by Daniel Jota -
Number of replies: 6

I am trying to install the Complete Install Package but I get the following error:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (42000/1049): Unknown database 'moodle' in C:\Users\Jeron\Desktop\server\moodle\lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 381

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Users\Jeron\Desktop\server\moodle\lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 381

The version is 2.4.1+. I'm running Win 7.

Anyone know why this shows up?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Jota

Re: Installation error: unknown database

by Daniel Jota -

Error must be in the Complete Install Package, just installed xampp and Moodle manually and it works fine.

In reply to Daniel Jota

by jenny rose singueo -

hello,

I got the same error server\moodle\lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php

my OS is Windows 8 64bit

please help

In reply to jenny rose singueo

by Daniel Jota -

Something must be wrong with the package. The package includes various programs needed to install Moodle on your pc.

This is the tutorial you have to follow in order to install Xampp and Moodle manually: 

http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Windows_installation_using_XAMPP

That tutorial uses screenshots from previous versions of both programs but it should do the trick guiding you through.

In reply to Daniel Jota

by vijaya reddy eabyas -

while creating your database collation will be en utf8 general ci

and mention database name username password correctly while installing

In reply to Daniel Jota

by Josep Pericas Masip -

I have the same problem. I'm using W7 too. I've tried Moodle 2.4.6+ and Moodle 2.5.2+

[error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  mysqli::mysqli() [<a href='mysqli.mysqli'>mysqli.mysqli</a>]: (42000/1049): Unknown database 'moodle' in C:\\1-C\\Moodle\\MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-24\\server\\moodle\\lib\\dml\\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 381, referer: http://localhost/install.php

In reply to Josep Pericas Masip

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Have you created a new blank database in MySQL called 'moodle'? If not, create the database and then try again.