School Nurse wanting to use Moodle

School Nurse wanting to use Moodle

by kirstie maccormack -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there,

I am a school nurse, I know nothing really about moodle, the high school I work with have it.

I am wanting to use Moodle to communicate with students, for example to have a facility where they can contact me to request appointments, and I can update the site with a photo of me, what I do, and when and where they can find me. Also, to be able to update it with key health messages, health days for eg non-smoking day etc.

Can Moodle do this?? And would it be the school IT person that would have to set it all up, would it be easy to do? Could I have remote access on moodle so I could check it off campus and add content off campus?

Thank you for your help

K

Average of ratings: -
In reply to kirstie maccormack

Re: School Nurse wanting to use Moodle

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. The short answer is , yes Moodle could do this. Since your high school already has Moodle then I suggest you ask their admin to give you teacher editing rights on a course. In that course you can enrol (or get the admin to enrol) all the students. Or allow them to self-enrol. Then on that page you can use the news forum for posting announcements and you can allow students to  message you from the messages block; you can even post links to websites on health issues which might be of interest to them. Then when you really get into Moodle you can start setting them quizzes on different topicssmile Under normal circumstances school Moodles are  online so you should be able to update it from home,  but you'd have to check that with the Moodle admin.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: School Nurse wanting to use Moodle

by kirstie maccormack -

thank you for your helpful, this will be really useful info...I shall track down the IT guys! K