Question about Conditional activities.

Question about Conditional activities.

by sal montalvo -
Number of replies: 2

I am looking to set up a course in such a way that a user would have to watch a video before taking a test. I would like the user to have to watch the video, take a test, watch another video, take another test, and so on. I would like everything to have to be accessed in that order. I am wondering if this is possible with Conditional activities? I see I can assign a grade restriction before accessing a quiz, but how can I restrict access to the quiz with a webpage which does not give a grade?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to sal montalvo

Re: Question about Conditional activities.

by Lauren Keinath -

Hello Sal:

I don't have an answer for you, but I do have a question for you:

I understand you want users (students) to watch a video/take a test/watch a video/take a test, etc.

I'm curious -- how are you using the test/quiz? Is it for practice purposes (e.g. practice in recalling events in the video?) or is it for assessment purposes? 

If it is for assessment, then might I suggest that you first need to have an activity where students practice?  This practice activity (however you structure it) might then be the conditional activity for the test, yes?

In reply to Lauren Keinath

Re: Question about Conditional activities.

by sal montalvo -

Thanks Lauren,

The video will be part of the training for the course. Having a practice may be what I have to do to make this work. Thanks for the tip.