General help

James Richardson
Re: Activities on My Moodle Page

Hello Becky!

If I understand you correctly, you want the navigation on your Moodle site to only list the Courses and Categories without the Activities. You can set this by editing the Navigation block to show only Courses and Categories. Editing will need to be turned on first. See the image below.

Navigation block settings for course, categoies and activities

I also have a tutorial on how to edit the navigation block here. If you are referring to a different area in your Moodle please let us know the exact spot you want to remove the activities on and we can look further.

Best Regards,

James R

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Becky Bush

You suggestion was helpful for a different issue I was experiencing, so thanks for preemptively answering that question!

However, we are using Moodle 2.2 and I want to customize the students MyMoodle Page, so that when they log in they will see a list of their courses.  I don't want them to see the activities and assignments, because it makes the screen overwhelming.  For example, I just want the below screen to say Becky's Moodle Course, I don't want to see that a paper is due.

James Richardson

Hello again Becky!

Sorry its been so long in between replies. After you explained it again I figured out what you meant Sorry I was not clear in the first post. Im glad it was at least helpful for you. You can change the My Moodle page by adding and deleting blocks fromthe page. You do this by following the steps below.

1. Go to Home > Site administration > Appearance > Default My Moodle page.
  2. Add the Courses block to the page.
  3. Click the move icon in the Course categories block options.
  4. Click the binding box where you want to move the block to. You then can remove the Course Overview block.

For a detailed step by step of this process, please see the article Changing the Default My Moodle page.

You can add an remove blocks from the My Moodle Page accodingly. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

James R