GIT questions and insight needed

Re: GIT questions and insight needed

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It would help if you could tell us which add-on you are trying to install.

When you type git remote -v in the mod folder, that will show you the remote where you downloaded Moodle from. Not the remote where you tried to download the add-on from.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Scott Karren -

Ok time for specifics, no more hand grenades and horseshoes.  The add-ons that we use are as follows:

Certificate, Questionnaire, Configurable Reports, ILP, Navigation Buttons, OneTopic format, and the Face to Face add-on.

We also use ELIS and a custom theme.  Thank you for your help in getting a hack more informed.

Scott

In reply to Scott Karren

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That is not very specific. Which one of those plug-ins gives you the error about there not being a 2.3 stable branch when you try to install it?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Scott Karren -

My apologies.  The one that I have tried to install is the Navigation Buttons. I wanted to successfully install one before moving on to the rest.

Scott

In reply to Scott Karren

by Tim Hunt -

So, look at https://github.com/davosmith/moodle-navbuttons. You will see that there is only a master branch and a MOODLE_19_STABLE branch, so presumably you need to install the master branch if you are any Moodle 2.x. The readme file there confirms that hypothesis, although it could be more explicity.

So, just do a git clone of that repository.