Reminder email period flexibility

Reminder email period flexibility

by W Roes -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers

Hi Alastair,

I was wondering what your thoughts are about the reminder email period ("Days before message is sent"). Currently it allows you to pick between 1 and 20 working days. We have however a customer that wants to select 3 (calendar)months.

Do you have any plans to extend or change the functionality for the reminer period? If we change it so it allows for more options than the current would you consider integrating it in the current version?

And - for everyone interested-  what are the period options users would like to have?

Thanks,

Willem

Average of ratings: -
In reply to W Roes

Re: Reminder email period flexibility

by W Roes -

No-one? That's incredible! So I gather everybody is happy with a reminder periode calculated in working days?! And a maximum of 20?!

Any thoughts on this Alastair?

Thanks,

Willem

In reply to W Roes

by Peter Bowen -

We set our reminder for 2 days.

I would be a little surprised at the request for 3 months. So following logic, 3 months before a face to face session starts, they get an email reminding them of the session. In 3 months, I am sure they would have forgotten... (I know I would)

I think a reminder that something is on any more than a few days out is a pointless excersise, but happy to be corrected on this.

Cheers
Peter

In reply to W Roes

by Alastair Munro -

Hi Willem,

Currently there are no plans to extend the reminder functionality. In the future I'd like to change the way the reminders are sent out so it uses the new messaging that is built into Moodle 2.

Setting the reminder to 3 calendar months could be slightly hard as different months have different numbers of days, but this can be solved by assuming every month has 30 days. If someone wanted to develop the functionality I'd be happy to include it but at the moment I don't have the time to do it myself.

Cheers,
Alastair

In reply to Alastair Munro

by W Roes -

Thank you both Peter and Alastair!

I completely agree with you Peter. But you know how it is sometimes smile

If my customer still insists I will create it. I probably will use the messaging mechanism anyway in this case. Or would you not be inclined to include it in that case Alastair?

Willem