2.4 I would like to edit the instructions

2.4 I would like to edit the instructions

by Sarah Jane -
Number of replies: 10

Can anyone please advise where I need to go to edit the instructions for the questionnaire please.

Attachment Screen shot 2013-01-30 at 14.36.11.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Jane

Re: 2.4 I would like to edit the instructions

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sarah,

What do you mean "edit the instructions": for the teacher or the students?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Sarah Jane -

Hi Joseph

When a teacher selects Add a resource or activity a pop up window appears with allthe activities listed, when one of these is selected a description on what this activity is and does. The Questionnaire has currently this message "There is currently no help associated with this resource or activity"

I would like to edit this to give help to the teacher.

Also on some pages there is a "more help" with a link to a help page. I would like to redirect this help to our own support pages can you also advise where I can change the link for the help please?

Thank you

Sarah x

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sarah,

1.- Selecting Questionnaire in the Add a resource window does display a - brief - message. You are probably not using the latest Questionnaire version available. I suggest you update to https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_questionnaire (version for 2.3 which will work for Moodle 2.4).

screenshot #1

2.- "More Help". Are you quite sure the extensive help that is already available in the Questionnaire documentation does not suit your needs?

If you absolutely need to redirect the links to your own support pages, you can enter those links instead of the links provided in the mod/questionnaire/lang/en/questionnaire.php file. Here is an example.

Original strings:

$string['checkboxes'] = 'Check Boxes';
$string['checkboxes_help'] = 'Enter one option per line for the user to select one or multiple answers from. ';
$string['checkboxes_link'] = 'mod/questionnaire/questions#Check_Boxes';

Modified link string:

$string['checkboxes_link'] = yourmoodlesupportsite/questionnaire/questions#Check_Boxes';

(if you follow the same hierarchy of help links as in the moodle questionnaire doc pages, or any other kind of link to your own online help pages).

All the best,

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Sarah Jane -

Hi Joseph

I will upload the latest version. I thought I had but no matter.

Thank you so very much for your response.

Sarah x

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Sarah Jane -

Hi Joseph,

I used the upload plugin via the moodle system, then cleared the cache but still had the same message as before. I will upload the latest version manually and see what happens.

Sarah

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Sarah Jane -

Hi Joseph may I trouble you for a link to the latest version please. I have used the one on the downloads https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_questionnaire

But this doesn't have the information you mentioned in the 'help section' of add an activity and resource.

Sarah x

Attachment Screen shot 2013-02-07 at 13.53.55.png
In reply to Sarah Jane

by Joseph Rézeau -

Sarah,

Did you remember to empty/purge ALL your Moodle and browser caches after installing that version?

Home ► Site administration ► Development ► Purge all caches

Joseph

by Sarah Jane -

Hi Joseph I'm sorry I should have said yes, I have purged all caches

Sarah

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Joseph Rézeau -

If you have purged all the caches and are still not getting the expected Help message when selecting the Questionnaire activity in the list of possible activities, could you have a look at the lang file on your system:

yourmoodle/mod/questionnaire/lang/en/questionnaire.php

line 117 do you have:

$string['modulename_help'] = 'The questionnaire module allows you to construct surveys using a variety of question types, for the purpose of gathering data from users.';

by Sarah Jane -

Hi Joseph

Just checked and no this line is not in the questionnaire.php.

I have copied the above code and all is well. Brilliant thank you

Sarah