Other users in bulk?

Other users in bulk?

by Fiona MacAlister -
Number of replies: 1

We have a group of nine people in our organisation who need to be able to view all courses, but not necessarily participate in them.  They were hidden users within categories before but now are simply assigned as visible users via category enrolments.  We have over 1000 courses that these users need to be assigned to.  As you can imagine without the use of hidden user in category enrolments, this is going to be a mammoth task if all we are able to use is Other user  in each course.  

I realise this is probably a stupid question but is there any way of assigning these users in bulk?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fiona MacAlister

Re: Other users in bulk? (Resolved)

by Fiona MacAlister -

I discovered that if I set the capability moodle/course:view in the custom role that I created for our users to Allow, it hides them from other participants whilst still allowing them to view the course contents.  My custom role users the Student role as an archetype.

Is there any chance that someone can add this to the Moodle 2.3 documentation?  Hidden Roles (http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Assign_roles#Hidden_roles) under Assign Roles only talks about using Other users.  It mentions moodle/course:view but not using the method I mentioned above.  I came upon this solution quite by chance whilst searching through the Moodle Tracker.