View response by name

View response by name

by Lindsay Magnus -
Number of replies: 12

As an option for a questionnaire I have selected the "Respondent Type" to be fullname, yet when I view the responses I have no Idea who submitted the questionnaire.

Am I understanding the "Respondent Type" option correctly?

Thanx

Lindsay

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lindsay Magnus

Re: View response by name

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I apologize. I think that feature may have been only partially completed. I think the last update changed that option so that the Moodle user id was stored rather than the full name. I will check it and get it fixed.
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Lindsay Magnus -

Thanx Mike

I see when I download a CSV file that the user id is available, but I would be interested to know if it would be possible to see that information while you are browsing the results from inside Moodle.

Cheers

Lindsay

In reply to Lindsay Magnus

by Mike Churchward -
Hi Lindsay -

I have just checked in an update to CVS that displays the user fullname when looking at results by respondent, and adds the user fullname to the 'username' field in CSV.

mike

by Lindsay Magnus -

Thanx again Mike

All seams to work well.

You may think about putting a HowTo on the cvs page, I am pretty new to this kind of admin and it was with a bit of luck that I chose to download the report.php file and copy it to the questionnaire directory.

Keep up the great work

Lindsay

by N Hansen -
Mike-I've installed the latest version but while the names show up in CSV, it still doesn't show up when viewing by respondent.
In reply to N Hansen

by Mike Churchward -
You're right. Somehow one of the files (report.php) didn't get updated in CVS. I have now placed the newest file there.

mike

by Andy Hawkins -

I think I am going wrong somewhere - and I would value your help.

I downloaded the latest questionnaire (Version 2005021101 from the readme.txt), though it was actually dated 19 April on the Moodle download page.

I did not get usernames on individual responses, so I went to CVS (through web - I cannot get TortoiseCVS to work). Downloaded latest report.php. Interestingly this was still dated around the 19 April despite your comment above. (hence I wonder if I am going wrong).

Now I get full names on individual responses on screen, but not in the download CSV file.

What we would really like is the 'username' in the CSV, not the id or the fullname (or all 3) - is this feasible? My PHP is very limited but it would be very useful if I could get this to work before our general election on Thursday.

(our usernames identify groups of students and we are interested in the internal demographics of our 'mock' election)

Any help/suggestions gratefully received. TIA.

In reply to Andy Hawkins

by Mike Churchward -
If you view the responses, 'by response', using the 'View by response' button at the bottom, you should see the user fullname at the upper left under the breadcrumbs (e.g. Respondent: User One). When you download a CSV file, there should be a column that contains this same info - at least that's what I see...

I'm not sure why the file in the CVS web is still showing that date. The new code is indeed in that file though.

You also need to make sure that you have the latest 'survey_export_csv.inc' file. It is located in the CVS 'questionnaire/phpESP/admin/include/function' directory.

In either case, it displays the full name of the user rather than the username.

I can see that it makes sense to have more info in the CSV file. I'll implement that.

mike

by Andy Hawkins -

Very many thanks for the prompt response.

I was getting the fullnames on the screen in 'view by response' but not in the CSV. Downloading the 'survey_export_csv.inc' file solved this however. Thanks again. Usernames would be icing on the cake.approve

Look forward to further developments - questionnalre looks very useful.

Andy

In reply to Andy Hawkins

by Mike Churchward -
The changes are now on CVS. It is the same file that I posted the link to above.

mike
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Andy Hawkins -

Superb - and many thanks again Mike for such prompt help.big grin

Andy

In reply to N Hansen

by N Hansen -
Mike-I realized what the problem was (and I have not updated to the latest version either). The names have always been displayed in the individual response display, the problem is that they are in white text which is not showing up in my theme. Also, it would be nice if the name were linked to the person's profile, like it is elsewhere in Moodle.