Aardvark Post-it theme with drag and drop

Aardvark Post-it theme with drag and drop

by Bill Steele -
Number of replies: 3

we are using this theme with Moodle 2.3.1 and have been very pleased with it. We have come to the time of year when staff are moving material around their module. Unfortunately they are experiencing significant difficulties with drag and drop as when they move a block, it jumps back to its original position or some position between the original and the intended position. On the page the following CSS errors are being shown but I don't know if these are relevant:

Expected declaration but found '*'. Skipped to next declaration
Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped.

So could this fault be theme related or should I be looking elsewhere for an answer.

Thanks

Bill
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bill Steele

Re: Aardvark Post-it theme with drag and drop

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, there are issues in Moodle, and it's nothing to do with this theme specifically, as it affects Moodle 2.3+ onwards and all themes are affected. The developers are trying to fix it.

The CSS errors are nothing to do with this. Those look like IE specific hacks that are meant IE6 in the case of the * and the filter CSS is also IE specific. Newer browser versions do not need these browser specific rules, so if you are confident that your students are using the most uptodate browsers you can remove those CSS rules if you want.  But they are nothing to do with the DnD as that's an AJAX/JavaScript thing.

To solve it you can turn the Drag n Drop off in Admin settings, then you can go back to the old way of moving blocks, which for Postit is better.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Aardvark Post-it theme with drag and drop

by Bill Steele -

Thanks Mary I have taken your advice and switched off Ajax