Themes

Picture of Chris Delaney
Aardvark - Authentication and Twitter Block

Sorry posted the same message in the Plugin area, this is probably better.

Love the theme, but have TWO issues I'd appreciate some advice with.

Firstly, an authentication issue between Moodle and our server. From what I can tell the text boxes (username and password fields at top of Aardvark theme) are not communicating with our Authentication system. I raised it with our IT support guys (as I figured it's not a theme issue, rather our problem) and their response is below.... can anyone suggest the best way forward>> ?? 

Text from support guy below....

"As we are using single-signon for all authentication, the username & password fields will just need to be hidden to prevent users trying to log directly on to moodle. Logging directly on to moodle does not work as moodle does not know what the users password is. Single-signon also has the benefit of going straight through if the user has already signed on to a diocesan service

If there is an option within the Aardvark theme to not show the username & password (only the login button), that would be the cleanest way to fix it. If not, if its possible to insert custom css, something such as this should do the trick:
input#login_username, input#login_password {
display: none;
}"

Second issue, I've used a Twitter widget in the right column of our theme. The other day it seemed to fit perfectly, now it's cut off - the widget is perhaps too wide for the column...??? (See attached) Has anyone had success embedding a twitter stream within the front page of Moodle?

Cheers

Average of ratings: -
It's only an avatar...
Re: Aardvark - Authentication and Twitter Block
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Which version of Aardvark?

As for the Twitter whatsit try using Firebug to see if you alter the width of the block for that id instance.  Each block as an ID which you need to know so you can target it using CSS.

the css would be something like...

div#inst3537.block_html { min-width: 100%; }

Might work.

Cheers

Mary

Picture of Chris Delaney

Sorry, Aardvark 2.3 Moodle version 2.3.4 Cheers

It's only an avatar...
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

OK...I found a link to your site in my messages folder. I've added you as a contact as form memory I helped you with this problem before.

You need to change the profileblock to delete the login at the top of the page. And then just add a Login link.

Find this PHP code in aardvark/layout/profileblock.php (starts about line 17)

delete the pink highlighted lines

and leave the green highlighted line

and save the file that should put a single Login button in the top menu bar.

<?php

function get_content () {
    global $USER, $CFG, $SESSION, $COURSE;
    $wwwroot = '';
    $signup = '';}

if (empty($CFG->loginhttps)) {
        $wwwroot = $CFG->wwwroot;
    } else {
        $wwwroot = str_replace("http://", "https://", $CFG->wwwroot);
    }

if (!isloggedin() or isguestuser()) {
    echo '<div class="profilelogin" id="profilelogin">';
    echo '<form id="login" method="post" action="'.$wwwroot.'/login/index.php?authldap_skipntlmsso=1">';
    echo '<ul>';
    echo '<li><input class="loginform" type="text" name="username" id="login_username" value="" placeholder="'.get_string('username').'" /></li>';
    echo '<li><input class="loginform" type="password" name="password" id="login_password" value="" placeholder="'.get_string('password').'" /></li>';
    echo '<li><input type="submit" value="&nbsp;&nbsp;'.get_string('login').'&nbsp;&nbsp;" /></li>';
    echo '</ul>';
    echo '</div>';
    echo '</div>';
} else { ?>    

HTH

PS: Did you get the Twitter to work?

You need to add that CSS to your aardvark/style/core.css  and do enable Theme Designer Mode first so you see the changes after you add them. You need to refresh the browser window too Ctrl + F5

Cheers

Mary

It's only an avatar...

Chris,

I just found a problem with the this line...

echo '<li><input type="submit" value="&nbsp;&nbsp;'.get_string('login').'&nbsp;&nbsp;" /></li>';

It should look like this...

echo '<li><a href=" ' . $CFG->wwwroot .' /login/index.php" alt=" ' . get_string('login') . ' " title=" ' . get_string('login') . ' "><span class="login button">' . get_string('login') . '</span></a></li>';

Sorry about that!

Mary

It's only an avatar...

Further to my previous posts earlier this is the CSS you need to add to aardvark/style/core.css to style the Login Button.

/* Login button
-------------------------*/
span.login.button {
    position: relative;
    top: -5px;
    margin: 0;
    font-size: 100%;
    vertical-align: middle;
    line-height: normal;
    display: inline-block;
    *display: inline;
    padding: 4px 14px;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    *margin-left: .3em;
    font-size: 14px;
    line-height: 20px;
    *line-height: 20px;
    color: #333333;
    text-align: center;
    text-shadow: 0 1px 1px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.75);
    vertical-align: middle;
    cursor: pointer;
    background-color: #f5f5f5;
    *background-color: #e6e6e6;
    background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 0 100%, from(#ffffff), to(#e6e6e6));
    background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #ffffff, #e6e6e6);
    background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top, #ffffff, #e6e6e6);
    background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #ffffff, #e6e6e6);
    background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #ffffff, #e6e6e6);
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    border: 1px solid #bbbbbb;
    *border: 0;
    border-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1) rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1) rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25);
    border-color: #e6e6e6 #e6e6e6 #bfbfbf;
    border-bottom-color: #a2a2a2;
    -webkit-border-radius: 4px;
       -moz-border-radius: 4px;
            border-radius: 4px;
    filter: progid:dximagetransform.microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#ffffffff', endColorstr='#ffe6e6e6', GradientType=0);
    filter: progid:dximagetransform.microsoft.gradient(enabled=false);
    *zoom: 1;
    -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2), 0 1px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.05);
       -moz-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2), 0 1px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.05);
            box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2), 0 1px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.05);
}

All done and it should look like this...

At least it does on mine! smile

aardvark login button

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Chris Delaney

Mary thanks so much for your assistance (again).

You have a good memory... you helped me a few years back in the old 1.9 days! 

Cheers - will let you know how we get on.