Login page keeps reloading--Moodle 1.5

Login page keeps reloading--Moodle 1.5

by Jay Domnitch -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I installed Moodle 1.5 on a server I use for testing software. I originally had installed Moodle 1.4.4 succesfully. I did this s few times just to make sure I got the hang of it. There were relatively few problems when I installed 1.4.4.

I removed 1.4.4 from my server and I dropped the entire database.

Now I am trying to install 1.5. I tried a few times and I still get the same errors. When I go through the initial install.php through my browser, I never get the page for the admin user and password. Then, when I finish the process, it automaticilly goes to the login screen. Then, when I try the username admin and password admin it keeps jumping back to the login screen.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jay Domnitch

Re: Login page keeps reloading--Moodle 1.5

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You may have a bad setting in there for wwwroot ...

Did you use the install.php script to create your config.php?  
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Jay Domnitch -

I did use the install.php script to create the config.php file.

I checked the wwwroot setting...it seems fine to me.

In reply to Jay Domnitch

by Sonia Pestana -

I have the same problem.

In the instalation, Moodle don´t show the step of the admin´s configuration.

Then, when I go to the home page and try to login as admin, password admin, it recognizes that it was the correct password, but appears again the login page.

When I put a wrong password, appear the message of wrong password, then I put the correct password and it accepts the enter and send me to login page AGAIN. Same when loggin as a guest.

I think that the authentication is working, but something wrong occours after this step.

I have try to install Moodle 1.4.4 and 1.5, same problem.

HEEELP!

In reply to Jay Domnitch

by bernie t -

First a quick thanks for all of the work you Moodlers have done with this site. It gives me goose bumps to see all of the great work people are doing on their free time. Unfortunately the goose bumps stopped whenI tried to install Moodle.

I'm having the same problem as Jay and Sonia and I've noticed it has been mentioned in several threads. Has anyone found a solution?