Contact Us Form

Contact Us Form

by Andrew Lian -
Number of replies: 16

Hello

I guess this has been asked, but I cannot seem to find an answer. Is there a way of creating a simple Contact Us form from within Moodle (so as to keep the same theme etc)? The form should be accessible to the world (in a simple way).

I am using Moodle 2.4

Thanks for any information

Andrew

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Lian

Re: Contact Us Form

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Use the Feedback module and add it to the front page for non-logged in users to access.

See Using Feedback and #1 of Feedback FAQ

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Saeed Amiri -

Hi

I have followed your advice but there are two problems here. When opening the link of the feedback there is an "answer the questions..." link below the description of my "contact us" page which I would like to remove as that is not relevant. Also, a feedback icon appears on my frontage which I would similarly like to get rid of. Any ideas?

BTW, I'm using moodle version 2.6

Saeed

In reply to Saeed Amiri

by Rina Schwartz -

I have the same issue using Questionnaire in Moodle 2.8. I was able to get around this by clicking that link and copying the url and pasting that url as my link. It works well. The only thing I can't figure out how to do is the change the text "Answer the questions" on the link menu at the top of the screen. I would also like to be able to change the text on the submit button from "Submit Quetionnaire" to "Submit" or "Contact Us." Any ideas?

In reply to Rina Schwartz

by Rina Schwartz -

I have also discovered that for some reason, visitors to my front page cannot access the form (questionnaire) without logging in first, which totally defeats the purpose! I tried creating a simple contact us form using the html editor, but when I save the page, the form tags are stripped from the html code, and the submit button code is garbled. I don't see why this has to be so difficult!

by Rina Schwartz -

Okay, I have enabled feedback and have created the feedback form and linked it to my front page, however, I am still not able to access it without logging in. The front page default is "Guest" and I have enabled Guest role to be able to fill out feedback. What am I doing wrong?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you are using the standard Feedback module then please see Feedback FAQ for how to allow guests to access it. Not your Feedback activity must be on the front page. If you are using the contributed Questionnaire module then I am afraid guests cannot access this.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rina Schwartz -

I did follow these directions, but for some reason, it still isn't working. I can't figure out what I might have done wrong.

by Mary Cooch -

RIna - which directions did you follow? The ones in Feedback FAQ? Perhaps you can outline them step by step here. (I noticed you said created the feedback form and linked it to my front page.)  The feedback activity needs to have been made ON the front page for guests to access it.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rina Schwartz -
Yes, those are the instructions that I followed. From the front page, I added the feedback form by adding a new activity from the main menu block. I created custom menus on my front page. I just added a link to my contact us menu. 

I made sure that guests and users have permission to complete the form. I'm really confused. I tried just creating a simple form in the code view of the html editor in a blank page, but for some reason, when I save the page, moodle strips the form tags from the code and won't let me add a submit button. The feedback form, I had hoped, would solve my problems, but now this ligin thing...

Thanks,
Rina

(Edited by Mary Cooch  to remove pasted email- original submission Saturday, 21 February 2015, 9:53 PM)

by Mary Cooch -

Your feedback URL is wrong - it should be http://www.english-professor.com/mod/feedback/view.php?id=16
But...when I look at it, it just redirects to a page, and not to the feedback activity. Have you added questions to the feedback activity?

Do you have auto-login guests enabled in Site admin>Users>Permissions>User policies? 

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rina Schwartz -

Okay, I changed the link for my Contact Us page to the form, but it is still requiring a login in order to complete it. I did add questions to the form. I did NOT have auto-login guests enabled, so I enabled it. It still doesn't show the feedback form though, just the info about the page. To see the "Answer the questions" link, you have to login.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Muhammad Talib -

I found the feedback activity to have the following limitation when using as a 'contact us' form:

1. It is meant to be submitted once. Even if it is configured to allow multiple submissions, previous submissions get overridden. A contact us form on the other hand should allow users to submit as many queries as they like with all queries recorded in the back-end office.

2. It could be me not being able to figure it out but a feedback activity on the site homepage with guest permission allowed still requires the guest to login when the feedback activity link is clicked. I have the below capabilities granted:

• mod/feedback:complete
  • mod/feedback:receivemail
  • mod/feedback:view

Perhaps it would be worthwhile exploring the help desk plugin

In reply to Muhammad Talib

by Gary Lynch -
HI

Just a thought 

Can you not do this with a label and add a little piece of html code to email you?

This may be a solution.

Look at this page for html code

Look here Moodle docs using label

Gary