General help

Picture of Howard Miller
Re: can't login as Moodle admin
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Enable Debugging (in your config.php file), do you see any errors displayed or in the web server error logs?

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Kevin Smith

Howard,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I turned on debugging in the config.php file. Here are the debug messages I received when I tried to login as admin:

String does not exist. Please check your string definition for pluginname/auth_admin

• line 10910 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 99 of /admin/settings/plugins.php: call to lang_string->__construct()
  • line 5921 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to require()
  • line 3386 of /lib/navigationlib.php: call to admin_get_root()
  • line 3291 of /lib/navigationlib.php: call to settings_navigation->load_administration_settings()
  • line 713 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to settings_navigation->initialise()
  • line 729 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->magic_get_settingsnav()
  • line 133 of /blocks/settings/block_settings.php: call to moodle_page->__get()
  • line 281 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_settings->get_content()
  • line 232 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_base->formatted_contents()
  • line 929 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_base->get_content_for_output()
  • line 981 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->create_block_contents()
  • line 352 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->ensure_content_created()
  • line 6 of /theme/afterburner/layout/default.php: call to block_manager->region_has_content()
  • line 765 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()
  • line 712 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
  • line ? of unknownfile: call to core_renderer->header()
  • line 1416 of /lib/setuplib.php: call to call_user_func_array()
  • line 98 of /index.php: call to bootstrap_renderer->__call()
  • line 98 of /index.php: call to bootstrap_renderer->header()

What should I do next?  I installed the same version of Moodle in a new dirctory, so it wouldn't be too hard to replace the offending .php files above.

Kevin

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Torsten Händler
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

how do you change the password ins the database? did you write it directly in the table or did you encrypt it in md5 and then write it in tabel? the database encrypt the original password so if you write it directly in then you have to write the decrypt md5 hash ^^. 

an example:

in your database the password is shown as: 098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6  = real pw: test

if you want to change the password you should use the md5 hash. use an online md5 encoder generate an md5 hash and then put the value in the database.

i hope this help you. 

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Akinsaya Delamarre

You can easily reset the admin password if you have access to a command line tool for your web server

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Administration_via_command_line#Reset_user_password

Average of ratings: -