Migrating Moddle 2.2.2 From Shared Hosting To VPS

Migrating Moddle 2.2.2 From Shared Hosting To VPS

by jeremy flint -
Number of replies: 2

First off, I am completely new to Moodle, but I am somewhat familiar with php/mysql-based systems like WordPress.

We have a Moodle 2.2.2 site that is currently running on a shared hosting account at BlueHost. We are trying to migrate it to a VPS at WiredTree.

So far, I have done the following:

• Used FTP to copy all files from old server to new server
  • Migrated the MySQL database
  • Updated the config file with the new database connection info, new paths for moodledata, public_html, etc
  • ran the replace.php script to update any URLs in the database from the old domain to the new domain

The new VPS server is running PHP 5.3.20 (as SuPHP) and MySQL 5.1.66

I am seeing several issues once everything is migrated and hooked up.

When I first go to the test site, I get a non-styled page with the message "Error Output, so disabling  automatic redirect".

If I click continue, I get to an unstyled login page. Once I login, I get the following errors with a "continue" link:

Warning: session_regenerate_id() [function.session-regenerate-id]: Cannot regenerate session id - headers already sent in /home/edpmtra/public_html/lib/moodlelib.php on line 3978

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/edpmtra/public_html/config.php:56) in /home/edpmtra/public_html/lib/sessionlib.php on line 1022

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/edpmtra/public_html/login/index.php on line 197

Once I click Continue, I can see the list of available coureses and it looks like the Binarius theme is applied, but some images are broken. I also get an error at the top of the screen listing:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$version in /home/edpmtra/public_html/lib/moodlelib.php on line 8520

If I go into any courses, I am back to the unstyled page.

If I go into the admin section, I get 2 messages highlighted in a yellow box:

The cron.php maintenance script has not been run for at least 24 hours. 

Database tables are using MyISAM database engine, it is recommended to use ACID compliant engine with full transaction support such as InnoDB.

A lot of issues going on here and I am hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -