Turn editing on - logs user out

Turn editing on - logs user out

by Mick Smith -
Number of replies: 2

Moodle 2.4.1, ubuntu , mssql db

Hi all

Looking for a bit of help.  All of a sudden our fresh install of moodle 2 when users are clicking turn editing on - they get logged out.

The same happens when myself (admin account) tries to login as, it logs me out completely.

One more problem that happens is when admin logs in, the site administration isnt there, log out and back in and it appears.  This happens almost every time i log in.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Mick

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mick Smith

Re: Turn editing on - logs user out

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Could be issue with session data stored in a database (default) not local host - with setup as described ... don't think your running mssql on the Ubuntu box, are you?

There's many writes to the moodle table related to sessions.  Check tables - mdl_sessions

Check mssql server for errors ... or check for errors in communications between the Moodle server and the mssql server.

One could use no db for sessions.  Use search box in the Site Admin menu and search for 'session' and that should show you all related settings.  If set to DB, change settings to 'file'.  Once that is done, it might log you out at that time.   Check the moodledata folder to see if a 'sessions' directory has been created on your next login.

'spirit of sharing', Ken