Adding View Pages to Custom Menu

Re: Adding View Pages to Custom Menu

by Dean Leggo -
Number of replies: 3

You could create site pages: On your home page, turn on editing -> Add an activity or resource -> Page.

or Create a dummy course and put your pages in there.

• If you want the whole world to have access.
    • Settings > Course administration > Edit settings. Then say yes to 'Allow guest access'.
  • If you only want logged in users to have access.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dean Leggo

by Darlene Murphy -

There are several places that say add an activity or resource.  Which one should I use?

Thank you

LadyDee

In reply to Darlene Murphy

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It doesn't really matter which one you use as long as you have the correct web address of that page to put into your custom menu.

If these pages are to be publicly viewable (ie guest access as Dean says) then another way is to turn on the ediing on your front page and add the main menu block (if it isn't already there) and choose "page" from the add an activity/resource menu there. Once you have added the web addresses of the pages to your custom menu you can then hide the main menu block. The page URLs will still work.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Darlene Murphy -

Thank you so much Mary.  I used the second one which you explained (it was what I wanted).  This is working fine now, again thank you so much.

LadyDee