Course creator cannot create activity "quiz"

Course creator cannot create activity "quiz"

by Robert Svoboda -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I am in the role of Moodle-administrator in our company. For some users I have assigned the role of Course creator. Once they want to "Add an activity or resource" they don't get the option to choose "quiz" but the other activities can be chosen. I have checked the settings of Course creator and all permissions linked to "quiz" are allowed. My Moodle version is 2.3.1.

Could you help me with that please?

Many thanks in advance

Robbee

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Svoboda

Re: Course creator cannot create activity "quiz"

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I thougth that the way it works is this:

• Course creators do not have permission to do anything inside a course. They can just create courses.
  • When a cousre creator creates a course, they are automatically enroled in the course as an Editing teacher.

Therefore, you need to look and see if editing teachers can create quizzes. (Check the mod/quiz:addinstance capability.)

(Note, this is not really my area of expertise, so I could be wrong about the details here.)

In reply to Robert Svoboda

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It sounds like they maybe don't have editing privileges within the course that they are trying to add a quiz too.  Try assigning them as editing teacher in the course if they are not already.  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Robert Svoboda -

Hello, everyone.

We have the solution already. Some roles are "blocking" the others.

In case something like that (teacher cannot add a quiz) happens to you you can try to restore the rights of all the users (Site administration -> Users -> Permissions -> Define roles) by clicking on "Reset to defaults" for each role, one by one.

It worked perfectly for me.

Have nice days.

Robbee