Moodle 2.4.1+ Error reading from database

Moodle 2.4.1+ Error reading from database

by AjnabiZ ... -
Number of replies: 2
Hello

I am trying to install Moodle 2.4.1+ weekly on my LAMP (im using Xampp) setup on my computer. I am running it on Localhost as a test server.

During installation after entering the Database details during the installation process, i get the following error:

It is a completely new moodle installation on Windows 8 Pro computer.

I incluced the debug info:

Debug info: Table 'mood.mdl_config' doesn't exist

SELECT name,value FROM mdl_config 
[array (
)] 
Error code: dmlreadexception
Stack trace:
  • line 426 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown
  • line 1023 of \lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 1211 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql()
  • line 1162 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_records_select()
  • line 1251 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_records()
  • line 716 of \lib\setuplib.php: call to moodle_database->get_records_menu()
  • line 520 of \lib\setup.php: call to initialise_cfg()
  • line 78 of \config.php: call to require_once()
  • line 31 of \index.php: call to require_once()
Average of ratings: -
In reply to AjnabiZ ...

Re: Moodle 2.4.1+ Error reading from database

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Precisely what is it you are doing? You talk about installing Moodle on a LAMP, using Xampp on a localhost and a Windows 8 box????

Seriously suggest that you rethink this. Read up on how to install a WAMP and dump Xampp altogether.

In the meantime, the phrase: "Table 'mood.mdl_config' doesn't exist" is an issue. Why is the table named "mood.mdl_" Where did that come from?  The mdl_config table exists, if your Xampp has prefixed the tables mdl_ but I do not think even the Xampp installer would rename the tables to a "mood.mdl_" Something else has interfered, dare I say it, maybe Windows "security" at installation.

(Never used a Windows 8, and by the look of it, probably wont, I might skip Windows and just go to Linux.) 

I would suggest getting rid of the Moodle/Xampp installer will resolve a lot of issues.

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Moodle 2.4.1+ Error reading from database

by AjnabiZ ... -

Sorry about the mistake.

I have a setup using Xampp 1.8.1 from Apachefriends and i have installed it on Windows 8 Pro. I am not running Linux

mood was the database name i had created earlier and i entered it during the moodle registration process where it asks the database details. The error appears after i press the next button of the process.

This is an installation issue. 

Your advice of switching to linux is not useful to this discussion. 

Moodle is being installed from the zip file i download from moodle.org.