Do Not Display Add A Block in Gradebook

Re: Do Not Display Add A Block in Gradebook

by Wendell Jones -
Number of replies: 4

I have found that the "Add a block" block on the gradebook page is controlled by the editing setting of the course main page.  If you have editing turned on on the course page, Add a block shows up on the gradebook page.  If you turn editing off on the course main page, there is no Add a block on the gradebook page.  This seems to be because Turn editing on on the gradebook page controls editing the grades themselves, not the page.

I hope that helps.

Wendell

In reply to Wendell Jones

by Nancy K Hoke -

Hi Wendell and thank you for the reply.  It is when Editing is ON that I would like to be able to either dock Add A Block or just not have it appear at all in the gradebook.  For our faculty on laptops - it takes up too much of the screen - and if it was not there - the display would be longer and they could see more of their graded items.  Any additional ideas?

Thank you - Nancy K.

In reply to Nancy K Hoke

by Bob Puffer -

What Wendell is saying is there are two "Editing ons", one for the course and one for the gradebook (allows you to enter grades into the grader report).  Turn off "editing on" for the course in order to get rid of the add a block block.  You can still have editing on for the gradebook.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Susan Mangan -

OK I have a scenario ... some of our faculty don't realize their course editing is on.  They get to the gradebook and there's that annoying 'add a block block'.  If they attempt to turn course editing off  via the course navigation menu they get bumped back to the home page where they then having to navigate back to the gradebook.  I'd love to find a solution where this block doesn't even appear in the gradebook - or perhaps a way to automate turning course editing off when this page is hit.  Any ideas?

UPDATE: re-tested and it appears as though users are no longer bumped back to home page - this is a good start smile

In reply to Susan Mangan

by Robert Russo -

Modify the following to your theme's config.php.

// The pagelayout used for reports
    'report' => array(
        'file' => 'report.php',
        'regions' => array(),
        'options' => array('nofooter'=>false, 'nonavbar'=>false, 'noblocks'=>true),
    ),

Setting noblocks to true stops the ability for anyone to add a block to the grader report page.