TaskChain - mostly working well

TaskChain - mostly working well

by Glenys Hanson -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Gordon,

I've uploaded another set of exercises Working at your desk - directly to TaskChain  to your Moodle 2.4 testing site and am happy to say most things are working just fine when uploaded directly to TaskChain itself by Drag and Drop. This includes a lot of customisations (Stan's "Facelift" rounded corners, Stan's Glosses, Agnès Simonet's Horizonal JMatch, & several others). WebSequitur (Put the text in order) and WebRhubarb (Dictation) also workfine.

Problems coming. wink

Cheers,

Glenys

PS: For people who want to have a look, here's the login to Gordon's site:

Login: Guestteacher

Password: taskchainv09

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: TaskChain - mostly working well

by Jeff Finnan -

So let's say you had a Moodle 2.4 installation. Do you think if one were just using simple HotPots like JQuiz, you could go live with TaskChain?

I really miss QuizPort. They have not fixed the HotPot installation at my district which uses Moodle 2.2. The school Moodle does not send out emails because Gmail thinks Moodle is a spammer as I understand the issue.  I am thinking of moving my AP Chem kids over to my own Moodle.

Anyone, worth the gamble?

Thanks,

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Jeff,
there are two main parts of TaskChain that I have not finished yet: the reports and the backup/restore. I will be working flat out on those from here on in, and I believe they will be finished by the end of next week and the latest.

The functionality of adding "tasks" and pre/post-conditions is pretty solid, but as the recent posts from Glenys (thanks Glenys!) show, there are still one or two wrinkles to iron out, especially regarding the insertion of audio players, and navigation.

Overall, I would say the module is not yet production ready, and if you put it on your live site, I fear you may be in for a rocky ride. If you can wait a couple more weeks, you experience with the module will be vastly improved.

I would certainly recommend you try out the module on a test site (feel free to use my research server http://bateson.kanazawa-gu.ac.jp) and once you are sure that your "chains" function as required, you could consider adding them to your live site.

best regards
Gordon

P.S. Can you make it to San Francisco on March 17th. It would be great to meet in person at the HotPot mini-Moot cool

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Jeff Finnan -

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the warnings. However, I am itchy to get to "QuizPort"-like activities.

Jeff

P.S. Sorry but I will be teaching on the 17th. Someday we'll meet.

In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Jeff Finnan -

Well, I decided to go back to good ole Moodle 1.9. I have resurrected my old installation with whatever the latest versions there were including my much missed QuizPort. I cannot find whatever was the lastest HotPot module for 1.9. However, a quick check seems like the version I have is working fine.

I even made the student logins exacly like they are for the district Moodle.