General help

Picture of G. Mack
Re: Running Reports on Multiple SCORM courses

Thank you for the reply. Currently we are using a commercial LMS and were hoping to switch to Moodle but this will definitely be a problem as our customers will be expecting such functionality. We will probably have to stick with what we have in this case. If anyone else comes across this and might have an idea or some custom code/plugin they could share to accomplish this it would be welcome. Thanks again.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Howard Miller
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

There are commercial 'forks' of Moodle that add in a lot of this businessy stuff.

Noting that this is blatant self-publicity, have a look at http://www.e-learndesign.co.uk/perficio-management-tool/

Picture of G. Mack

Thanks, I'll take a look at this. Unfortunately when management hears the word "free" they tend to balk at paying for support, a situation I'm sure plenty of people have been in. It is curious though that this feature is missing in something that bills itself as a CMS; just my opinion but I don't really see this as "businessy" but rather something that should be a basic feature.

Picture of Howard Miller
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

It depends on who you are. The usual use case is discrete courses and the reporting within the course suffices. The across the board reporting per user is done somewhere else.

My experience is that using Moodle as a SCORM player, essentially, is a very specific use. Almost always training of some sort and brings with it a whole different bunch of reporting requirements.

But, yes, it's a big percentage of Moodle users and should probably be better supported.