General help

Manuel
Invalid JSON string

I just installed the latest version of Moodle 2.4 and when uploading files not matter what size they are I am getting the following Json string error. I will really appreciate if some one can give me a hint in how to resolve this issue.

Manuel.

Invalid JSON string

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.
Please contact the server administrator,
 webmaster@up.compuaula.net and inform them of the time the error occurred,
and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Average of ratings: -
James Richardson
Re: Invalid JSON string

Hello Manuel!

Sometimes, when upgrading software, file permissions can get corrupted, the file locations can change, and .htaccess rules can stop working.

Its possible the file permissions for your folders may have been corrupted or changed. Internal server errors like this can happen when the file permission or ownership does not allow the server to read or write to a folder or file. You can try fixing the permissions on your site to see if that resolves the problem

Another thing that can cause Internal server errors is the .htaccess rewrite rules. Its possible there is a rule in the htaccess that causes the error as well. Usually when teh rewrite is sending your site to an invalid location. I have more details here.

Also, check your apache logs to see if you can find errors in the log. Usually the apache logs will show the exact cause of the error, like file missing or file permission. I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

James R

Average of ratings: -