General help

Picture of J. S.
Moodle 2.2. - Windows - How to enable participants to upload documents themselves

Dear all,

For a course at work we use Moodle 2.2.

It is a very interactive course and we would like our students to be able to upload articles etc whenever they want, freely (so it is not assignment).

Can you please tell me how this can be done? Because the only way we can make participants upload something themseleves now, is through posing an assignment.

We also don't want to assign them such a high role (so not participant, but for example manager or something like that) that they can delete something from the original course page etc.

I truly hope that you can help me.

Thank you so much in advance!

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Alex Walker
Re: Moodle 2.2. - Windows - How to enable participants to upload documents themselves
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

I'd probably recommend using a forum. You can change how a forum displays, and Standard forum in a blog-like format would probably do what you're looking for.

It would also let other participants comment on others' submissions.

paula
Re: Moodle 2.2. - Windows - How to enable participants to upload documents themselves
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

You could also use glossary or database as a place to upload articles.  These can be easy for students to look through by providing categories and keywords.  The glossary is simpler to set up.  Comments can be turned on if you want students to comment on the articles that have been posted.

Link to Glossary Docs.  Link to Database Docs.

Paula Clough cool