General help

Picture of Alex Walker
Re: Changing manual enrolment date
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

You could look at the enrolments at the database level, but it's probably worth looking at the reason for this change.

Moodle shouldn't have any problems picking up enrolments from any time of the day. I can't see how you'd benefit from making all your enrolments five minutes earlier.

Average of ratings: -
My picture

Thanks, Alex. I agree with you. I don't think it is going to cause any problem.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Alex Walker

I hope my answer didn't seem rude, it wasn't meant to. It just seemed like you were about to put a lot of effort into something that shouldn't need to be done.

My answer may not have been the most insightful, but the fact is that I don't know exactly where Moodle stores the 'effective from' date of manual enrolments, and we don't have any 'scheduled manual enrolments' in our Moodle database so I can't even look for you. Even if you did find it, it's stored in Unix timestamp format, so it won't look like this: 2013-01-25 00:00:00, it'll look like this: 1359072000. To bring it forward 5 minutes, you'd need to change it to 1359071700.

If I had to guess, I'd guess it would be stored in one of the customint fields in the mdl_enrol table, but that's a total guess.

I was trying to explain this in a neat way, but my brain kept saying "just advise her not to do it!"

Average of ratings:Useful (1)