What happened to the WYSISWYG toolbar in 1.5

What happened to the WYSISWYG toolbar in 1.5

av Hansruedi (Lori) Lorenz -
Antall svar: 6

I play with Moodle 1.5 (2005040800) and love it, but when I write, lets say in "compose a text page", I am missing the WYSISWYG tool bar! ? ?

What happened to it ? Where can I find it?

Anyones help is greatly appreciated

Lori

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Hansruedi (Lori) Lorenz

Re: What happened to the WYSISWYG toolbar in 1.5

av Michael Penney -
Well for a text page, you shouldn't see the html editor since you are writing text.

But there was some issue with using the editor with 'compose an html page' since the html wasn't perfect.

Hopefully, the less strict side of this debate prevailed and we should get the html editor when we choose 'compose an html page' in 1.5?

Som svar til Michael Penney

av Martin Dougiamas -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Documentation writers Bilde av Moodle HQ Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Plugin developers Bilde av Testers
Yes, of course, the HTML editor is still being used everywhere you can write HTML.

If anyone wants really strict user-HTML use PHP5 compiled with "--with-tidy", and then use Moodle's "Tidy" filter to clean everything up on the fly!  smiler
Som svar til Martin Dougiamas

Hmm .... then how do I make pullet points, bold and italic, change fonts and so on?  (I don't understand HTML)

Or are we talking about a different thing? What I am missing is the tool bar with all the writing functions.

Thanks for your help

Lori

av Chardelle Busch -
Bilde av Core developers
Lori,

New in 1.5, under Configuration > Editor Settings is the ability to "hide" the editor icons--maybe you can check that to see if yours somehow all got hidden.  If that's not it, maybe you can post a screenshot of your editor.

av Martin Dougiamas -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Documentation writers Bilde av Moodle HQ Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Plugin developers Bilde av Testers
You may have blank lines in your config.php ...also check that the editor is enabled in the admin pages and on your profile.

Thanks Chardelle and Martin

Yes, ticked the boxes in Editor settings.

However, I still have problems. htmleditor, "Alow/Do not allow" (first box) jumps back to "Do not allow" as soon as I safe the changes.

Where from here??

Thanks for your assistance Lori