Quiz

Picture of Emma Richardson
Re: Issues with promoting questions to a higher (shared context)
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

There is something wrong here because I do this regularly (well, every semester!) and the questions never change category.  Perhaps you need to move them all to a system level category and see if that resolves it.  You say they are demoted back down, does this mean they origanally had a copy at the course level?  This might be causing the issue.  The questions should only exist at the higher level.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Nathan Hammond

I start a course and promote all my questions to the shared category. I have no questions in the course level (all are at the shared level). Then when I restore the course I end up with duplicates. All the questions that were in the shared level are duplicated and put into the course level as well. Now at that point I have dupliates.

I take it this is not a common experience and that something is wrong. Any ideas as to where to check.

Do you create the question at the course level and then move it to the system level or just initially create it at the system level?

I get this error that tells me it's duplicating the questions. Does this help anybody understand what's going on. Any ideas?

Could this have to do with a role permission that I don't have?

What does this quiz question error mean?

When I restore my course from one semester to the next all the questions I have in a shared category get duplicated back into the course level category. This the error I get:

The questions category "XYZ", orginally at system/course category context in backupfile, will be created at course context by restore.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? or how to proceed with troubleshooting?

Picture of Kathleen Burns
Re: What does this quiz question error mean?

Nathan:  This is happening to me, also.  I posted my question on Friday 2/8/13 in this Quiz forum, but no responses.  I don't believe it's a "roles" issue, as I am the site admin.  I hope that someone can answer definitively as to the best location for questions. 

Each one of our courses is currently in its own category.  I have one, single TEMPLATE course with all the file contents and quizzes.  The template course gets backed up and restored every time we have a new course.  At that time, all the quiz questions are duplicated.  I don't know how to avoid the duplication.  Just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Re: What does this quiz question error mean?

What version of Moodle are you all using?

This does sound like it could be a permission issue.