email problem

email problem

by Richard Chiha -
Number of replies: 3

moodle version 2.1.9

Apache 2.2.21, MySQL 5.5.16, PHP 5.3.8

solaris operating system sparc

I installed moodle using xampp for solaris

when I tried to send an message to any user I get page can not be displayed and the email is not received however pop up window works. I check the error logs I get an error exit signal segmentation fault please help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Chiha

Re: email problem

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This usually points to a problem with your PHP build. Often a broken library. They can be a nightmare to track down (sorry). You're going to struggle because of the small number of people who use Solaris.

Can you identify where in the Moodle code the segmentation fault is triggered? Have you Debugging on?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Richard Chiha -

the error is in error_log child pid 3842 (is changed) exit signal segmentation fault (11)

In reply to Richard Chiha

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You'll probably need to identify the actual bit of Moodle code. I've been here myself. It's not any fun.