Is there a certification process feature in Moodle?

Is there a certification process feature in Moodle?

by Daniel Blossey -
Number of replies: 3

Dear Moodle community,

thank you for helping others!

I am working currently in the public business and we need to train several technicians using the e-learning tool Moodle (currently version "r2.0.1").

I have some questions reagarding certification processes (e.g., certification list) in contrast to the course list (not each course might include a certification):

- does anybody know how to deal with certifications of specific students?
 (e.g., one certification page/list which displays all needed certifications for a specific student; so that the student and trainer can also see the certification progress)
- the trainer also needs to mark a specific certification as "not required" because of the student's long professional experiences
- there should also be a possibility to specify when certifications have to be retaken/repeated for each student

So, in general I think I ask for a specific student page which is based on a template consisting of all needed certifications and can be adjusted by the trainer regarding what certification is not needed or needed.

I found out that there is a certification module which allows users to generate PDF certification documents (see http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Certificate_module). But there is no other module which centrally handles/administers the certification process in general. But maybe I missed something when trying to understand moodle features (e.g., what is a course).

Thank you for your help (e.g., idea, module link etc.)!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Blossey

Re: Is there a certification process feature in Moodle?

by Daniel Blossey -

So, I guess there is no such feature because nobody answered.?

In reply to Daniel Blossey

by Jenni Wright -

Yes there is in Moodle 2. Here it is explained on YouTube:

In reply to Jenni Wright

by Daniel Blossey -

Dear Jenni,

thanks for your answer!

Does the "Certificate Module for Moodle 2" include a separate page which shows all the student's certificates (= list of all student's certificates) to be performed? In your video you have to click each course to see his/her specific  certificate to be performed. But this is not an overwiev.

Thanks!

Daniel