Equation not rendering properly

Equation not rendering properly

by vishnu prasad -
Number of replies: 7

equation i created is not rendering properly, its look like a broken image. 

here is the debugger result that i recievd. 

sh: /var/www/vhosts/web.amsi/beta.amsi.ae/moodle2.4/filter/tex/mimetex.linux: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory The shell command "/var/www/vhosts/web.amsi/beta.amsi.ae/moodle2.4/filter/tex/mimetex.linux" -e "/var/www/moodledata/moodle_amsi/moodle_test2.4/filter/tex/9608176195573c30c6beb3cf078fdf66.gif" -- '\Large f(x)=\int_{-\infty}^x~e^{-t^2}dt' returned status = 126 File size of mimetex executable /var/www/vhosts/web.amsi/beta.amsi.ae/moodle2.4/filter/tex/mimetex.linux is 830675 The file permissions are: 100777 The md5 checksum of the file is 56bcc40de905ce92ebd7b083c76e019e Image not found! No text output available

Average of ratings: -
In reply to vishnu prasad

Re: Equation not rendering properly

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Vishnu,

Does any other, simpler, equation render on your site? The equation listed in your debug results works just fine on my 1.9.19+, 2.34+, 2.4.1+, and 2.5 Beta sites, which are all on a Centos Linux server.

\Large f(x)=\int_{-\infty}^x~e^{-t^2}dt gives a render of $$\Large f(x)=\int_{-\infty}^x~e^{-t^2}dt$$

It also seems to work fine here on Moodle.

In reply to AL Rachels

by vishnu prasad -

no, not even a simple equations. I know its a problem with the online server because i render the equation in local wamp server, but not able to render in server. I couldn't understand what configurations to be modified in the server.

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

If the basic plugins have not been activated then there will be nothing. Need Algebra Notation and Tex plugins at least. These can be activated via the Plugins > Plugins Overview. If you go to something like TexLive, which I think has TeXWorks as native, you can use Tex in any HTML document and create your own PDFs as well. If you are using a Windows machine and do not have access to the server, you can download and install MikTeX, with is a useful tool, for your local machine. Create the TeX in a PDF format and upload it. I would agree it is easier and simpler having it in Moodle., but sometimes Admins are not co-operative if they do not know something. 

by Marc Grober -

This a library problem that really doesnt have to do with moodle. Work your way though to the bottom of this thread. https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=79388

mimetex is a fallback. Really better to use texlive or mathjax

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marc Grober

by vishnu prasad -

Thanks  Marc that link was helpful and my problem resolved

by Richard Clay -

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem you were having. Can you remember exactly how you solved your issue.

Thanks

Richard

In reply to Richard Clay

by Richard Clay -

In case it helps anyone else we flxed our problem by disabling the TeX filter. We think their may have been some kind of conflict with MathJax 2 which we had recently added.