Themes

Me
Topic area 2.4

On the center topic area, which css file contains the "line-height" settings? It appears that in the formal white theme it seems tobe set to double spacing. I would like to change tha, it makes the address look strange.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Danny Wahl
Re: Topic area 2.4
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

firebug will be able to answer that for you!

Picture of Rick Jerz
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

DeWayne, I use Formal White (Moodle 2.4+ (Build: 20121230)), probably a little differently than you do, but have not experienced this.  Is this double spacing for a section heading, is it within a "label" resources, or somewhere else.

My guess is that once we know, Mary Evans will be able to help you solve this problem.  She is real good with these themes, and with suggesting css code changes.

Your post made me look a little more closely at my Moodle.  I do notice that the spacing in my heading (when it takes two lines) could be reduced.  I am not sure if this is within the core Moodle code, or if it is within the "Collapsed Topics" plugin that I use.  I too will be curious to see what Mary might be able to say.

Me

It does appear in the courses, but that is not my concern, I can accept it. It is on the front page on the picture I attached. I would really like to get rid of the spaces that exist on the address in that pic.

It's only an avatar...
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

This is set in Moodle CORE by YUI CSS as p { margin-bottom: 1em}

However, if you do a 'soft return' (or line break) using Shift + Enter when ending a line in your address, you end up with this:

Name
address line 1
address line 2
address line 3
Town
City
Area code

and not this

Name

address line 1

address line 2

address line 3

Town

City

Area code

Hope this helps?

Cheers
Mary

Gareth J Barnard
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Dear DeWayne et al,

Sorry about this but it appears to me my issue with Collapsed Topics styles.css - I test as much as possible but in a vein attempt to reduce the amount of grey hairs I avoid wasting my life testing in IE7 mode for hours on end and therefore an oddity that I put in to support the browser in all its quirky modes is causing the issue.  After ten minutes in FireFox with FireBug (and then thirty with IE and FireFox in IE user agent mode) I have a solution.

With the current version of Collapsed Topics released yesterday for 2.4.1 you can apply the following version of 'styles.css' and do a 'Purge all caches':

https://raw.github.com/gjb2048/moodle-format_topcoll/73fca8a3b0b2ee6d9235365c440e82e17af41c73/styles.css

or you can update all of it by using the 'Zip' download on (rename the extracted folder to 'topcoll'):

https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-format_topcoll/tree/73fca8a3b0b2ee6d9235365c440e82e17af41c73

Feedback appreciated, cheers,

Gareth

Me

That did just what I was looking for. Thank youy Mary

It's only an avatar...
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Great! cheers