Teaching with Moodle

Picture of Vladimir Sarovic
Adaptive learning system

Hello, my name is Vladimir. I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina. I wonder if it is possible in Moodle do some adaptive learning system in a way that, depending on the quiz scores will be directed to a specific lesson.

Average of ratings: -
paula
Re: Adaptive learning system
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

You might want to look at conditional activities.  Here's a link to the documents page with a quick video http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Conditional_activities . There are also links above the video for Using Conditional Activites, settings and FAQs.

Paula cool

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Vladimir Sarovic

Thanks for your answer, is there any other possibilities for work that or only with conditional activities.

Picture of Hossein Movafegh

hi. paula

thanks for your answer...

do you know a sample websites that created using Moodle adaptively ?

Picture of Shiblee Shiblee

I am also working in adaptivity in Moodle.

I just want to know how the rsults would be presented to users to claim that they are adaptive?

Thanks in advance

wen photo
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Shiblee, I think in the video of this page (see below) you can see how the results would be presented... hope this helps!

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Conditional_activities

Basically once you completed a certain activity, the checkbox will be checked to show the teacher (and the student) that he/she already passed that activity and can proceed to the next one.

Here is another youtube video:

Wen

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
paula
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Wen

Nice video.

Shiblee,

The adaptivity is in the set up.  Example:  I have students take a quiz.  If they get a certain score say 80% and above, they go on to the next concept in the course in a new set of activities.  If they get a lower score, they go to a set of review activities that will allow them to review the concepts.  They have to complete these and then either retake the original quiz or take a new one (my preference) that will allow them to go on to the next concept if they get the score you want them to get.  Choosing what equals completion is up to you.  Other activities can be set up so that the student has to view them in order to complete as well as also being able to have students checking off the activity themselves. 

Hope that helps.